  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PACIFICAS; COPY BOY
  • From: John Nettles jjnettles@comporium.net
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:57:21 -0500

After all our rain, I went to see how things were in the garden. I discovered a Pacific Coast iris, COPY BOY (Ghio 1999) welcoming me with 3 bloom stalks. It was too late in the day to take a photo, so tomorrow if it does not rain, I will try to take some photos of it.  It was such a nice surprise.
O.C. saw where you needed some so he sent yoou some of his. It's rained here (S.C .) every three days since Thanksgiving and his beds are almost under water. Sure am glad the are all raised.
Now then, can you sendme some of your WARM weather ? When I got up this morning, it was 24* 20mi/hr wind, and a windchill of 16. Poor Daffodills and Crocus I already had  blooming. There are or were tulip plants up, but thankfully no blooms yet. THEY SMART.
Just wanted to shed a little humor this morning. O.C. has 200 NEW  IRIS, putting up a LITTLE folliage. He really looks forward to them blooming this year.
Keep posting those pretty IRIS pictures..........For us to dream on.
A quick question about something I have always wondered about. What makes your temps so much warmer out there than us. I would have thought that you all would still be freezing , that close to Canada,
That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming  and in just  17  more days" and counting !!!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=181897103

Yahoo! Groups Links