Re: PACIFICAS; COPY BOY

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PACIFICAS; COPY BOY
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" arilpums@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:29:25 -0800

Supposedly this weekend the sunshine may come back and then the daytime temps are supposed to run in the 60's. Anytime that happens we are in the garden weeding, cultivating, fertilizing, 'pestiziding' and mulching. The PCIs are located in a raised bed and do get sunshine so to offset the heat the redwood mulch keeps their roots cooler and since they are up front in the height dept, they get less automatic watering so they do not rot. PCIs do not like hot and wet, that is why they can take the California winter rains [with good drainage]. Sun is forecast for today so I will also be clicking the camera.
Francesca