More picture for Catherine, et al.

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] More picture for Catherine, et al.
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:08:50 -0800 (PST)

Catherine,
Here is another picture to keep us thinking of
spring and irises (not viruses) ;o)

It's a bunch of F1 seedlings from 'Kupari' white
pallida X suaveolens var. rubromarginata. They bloomed
for the first time last season. Actually, one of the
purple seedlings did produce a single stalk the
previous year. But I came home from my birthday
weekend away with my wife, to find these in full bloom
in the rain. What a birthday surprise! I was so
excited about the amoena seedlings, that I just had to
get a picture. Sort of reminds me of Van Gogh's
painting "Irises". See the following
link:

http://www.getty.edu/art/collections/objects/oz947.html

Take care all, Tom