Re: RE: retic pics

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: retic pics
  • From: dawnsharon2001 dawnsharon2001@nyc.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 22:38:56 -0500

At 09:31 PM 3/4/2005, you wrote:
Will,

    You are correct in identifying I. reticulata 'Harmony.'  I have 3 other varieties of reticulata in bloom here plus I. danfordiae.  Yep, spring is making an attempt.

Elm in Washington State

Which other varieties? I'm addicted to these iris -- each year I add more to the bed where they do best -- but has anyone been breeding them recently?  All the varieties I've heard of seem to have been around for a while.

Also, can someone identify the different plum -purple -violet cultivars?  The one in Will's first picture, plum with a signal that's pure white without yellow, opens first for me too. Which drives me nuts because it's almost invisible from a distance against dark soil -- I suppose the solution to that is snowdrops and I. danfordiae.  But there's also a plum with a white-and-yellow signal, like the next picture, and a true violet that blooms at the end of the I. reticulata season.  I've heard names for all of them but can't keep them sorted out.

Dawn

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=159719416