Re: Most popular iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Most popular iris
  • From: len suchy len2760@juno.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:34:51 -0800

You might say that bearded irises are the most known of the irises.  I am
sure the reason has to be the fact that years ago when the adventuring
folks traveled to new frontiers, they were able to take rhizomes along
with them. Some of these rhizomes saw many a long and dry period of time
boxed up waiting for a place to grow.
 I feel that the beardless are starting to make great progress and will
increase in popularity as they get to be exposed to the general public.
I personally encourage people to try Spurias, Louisianas, Siberians, and
the Japanese.  Len in Kansas

Yahoo! Groups Links