Re: Arit

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Arit
  • From: Pearl Doyle pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:18:14 -0600

Harold, I am starting my second iris season with my new digital camera and see the same thing happening in your picture that I had trouble with. I don't think it is the white balance, but rather the metering that is giving you trouble. Look for the meter mode setting on your camera. you probably have a choice of  "multi" or "spot" metering. Set your camera for spot metering and focus first on the white area of the flower, then on the dark spot. See which way looks best to you. Then after you have the focus set, move the camera to frame the flower the way you want it (without letting go of the focus). If you take scenic pictures, you will have to go back to multi metering.

I hope this helps you. Pearl

Harold Peters wrote:
Yesterday I noticed Arit in bloom. I received a digital camera for Christmas and this is my first iris photo. I can see I need to adjust the white balance (wherever that is).

Arit is an onco (aril) hybrid.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=685346345