TB: Hist: Ruth's Love

  • Subject: [iris-photos] TB: Hist: Ruth's Love
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:41:52 -0500

I just wish we had a set of names tagging the various patterns of yellow.  The only ones so far, as far as I know, are "self" and "yellow amoena."
One of the unnamed patterns is beautifully illustrated by this lovely historic, Ruth's Love.  That pattern on the fall also occurs on the inner side of the standards--white with a relatively narrow rim of yellow, with the outside (underside of fall) is solid.
There are others.  I think this would make an interesting article for one of the Iris publications--a sort of description of the various patterns carotenoid pigments fall into.  I don't think anyone has done this before--or have they?
Neil Mogensen

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=839830224