RE: RE: TB: Seedling - Francelle

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] RE: TB: Seedling - Francelle
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:38:57 -0700

Yes, it is Mary Lou,

Last year, which was its second bloom year, it had very nice stalks with 7 to 8 buds.  That’s what saved it from the trash pile because it made a three foot clump with only three stalks.  I was digging it when I noticed how nicely branched the stalks were.  I replanted four of the twenty or more rhizomes in a new row that has never had any fertilizer.  I don’t think the bud count will be nearly as good, but on the other hand all four are going to bloom with two to three increases.  Nothing that is blooming right now has a full quota of buds, not even the best of the named varieties.  Sometimes the early ones have that problem here.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9