RE: HYB: TB: Seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: HYB: TB: Seedling
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:36:53 -0500

Thanks, Francelle.  That's helpful.

I wonder what is at work in the reduced budcount you are noticing.  With the forced run into bloomseason you seem to be having--temps too high too soon?  I wonder if that is the factor at work.

We here in this area are at the opposite pole of pace.  Our spring is being delayed by prolonged cold snaps with gentle warming in the high fifties, low sixties between.  The irises here in the elevated areas are now up to about six inches fan height on TB's, growing with good, deep color, but no dwarfs showing buds or bloom yet.

The earlier areas down on the Piedmont below the Blue Ridge--such as the Greenville/Spartanburg/Greer area, or Linda Mann's microclimate on the Tennessee River low country area SW of Knoxville--are about a week ahead of our area if not more in most years.  I haven't heard any of them comment on season other than Linda, but the crocus and reticulatas were appropriately ahead of ours by the normal amount.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=801022934

Yahoo! Groups Links