Time extension for comment on changes to nursery stock import regs.

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Time extension for comment on changes to nursery stock import regs.
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:25:37 EST

Following is an excerpt from a news article in the Washington Post.

Clearly there is a train here that can be put on our track in relation to the plant industry. Unfortunately, the OMB addresses everything from auto safety to lead based paint with not a single mention that the plant industry needed less not more regulation. I spect that is our fault.

Too, 189 recommendations seems weak. Very, very, very weak in relation to the probable budget dedicated to the OMB project.

Suggestions of previous posters to this thread are deserving of consideration.

Bill Burleson

OMB to Reconsider Some Rules

By Cindy Skrzycki
"Tuesday, March 22, 2005; Page E01
Thomas M.Sullivan, who heads the Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, is delighted with the recent announcement by the Bush administration that it would get cracking on an effort to make federal agencies more responsive to businesses and others who want to see changes or repeal of federal regulations.

Last year, the administration asked for suggestions for the "reform" of regulations that have particular impact on the manufacturing sector and small business. The Office of Management and Budget, which is responsible for the initiative, got 189 recommendations, mostly from business and mainly centering on rules issued by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Labor. "

A previous post follows:

Once again I'm crossposting this message and I apologize to those who

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=622797041

Yahoo! Groups Links