HYB: TB: Rebloom seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: TB: Rebloom seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:57:19 -0700

Here is one of my reblooming seedlings from Mariposa Skies X Pacific Belle.  I love the shade of blue, and its really more ruffled than the picture shows.  Its fault is that it has short stalks.  I have saved its pollen to put on Yaquina Blue to try to correct that.  I hope I can get Yaquina Blue to bloom this year.  Like most Dykes winners, it doesn’t do well for me.  I also pollinated it with frozen pollen from Amethyst Winter that I harvested a month ago.  I have never before tried to freeze and use pollen.  It looked fresh and good after it had thawed.  I hope it takes.

I have a pod forming on one of its stalks by Autumn Thunder, which I think is very beautiful, but AT has short stalks also.

Is it better to freeze the pollen or just to keep it in the refrigerator?

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=295028716