RE: RE: HYB: TB: Seedling

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] RE: HYB: TB: Seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:13:36 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil A Mogensen [mailto:neilm@charter.net]
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:37 AM
To: IrisPhotos
Subject: [iris-photos] RE: HYB: TB: Seedling

Thanks, Francelle.  That's helpful.

I wonder what is at work in the reduced budcount you are noticing.  With the forced run into bloomseason you seem to be having--temps too high too soon?  I wonder if that is the factor at work.

            Neil, I have wondered the same thing.  It seems that when we have a mild February, some of our irises rush out of their semi-dormancy and don’t give time for their normal number of buds to develop in the stalk.  That makes it really hard to evaluate the early blooming seedlings.

            We have had a cool week now, which has slowed everything down.  Four fifths of the irises will bloom sometime in April, which is their normal time.

            The new seedlings are blooming.  Only the first one, the white that I posted, is a keeper.  Several are from SA breeding, but no SA appendages have been seen so far.  That white did manage to bloom seven buds over sixteen days, and I think it’s the prettiest white I’ve ever grown.  Maybe that’s its Mama talking.  J

 Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=801022934

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=151779965