Re: RE: HYB: TB: Rebloom seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: HYB: TB: Rebloom seedling
  • From: "James Ennenga" jrennenga@outdrs.net
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:54:59 -0500

Elm and Francelle,
    I have successfully used pollen I have stored over winter. I buy 00 gelatin capsules at a health food store and use a needle to punch a little hole in each end of the capsule. I put three anthers in each capsule, mark a number on the capsule, and store them in a jar of silica gel in the refrigerator. I put a piece of corrugated cardboard in the jar to keep the capsules out of the gelatin. My 2004 anthers are in the refrigerator now. This way, I have fall rebloom pollen to use in the spring.
Jim  Ennenga
in KnoxvilleTN, zone 7