Re: HYB:Maiden Bloom

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB:Maiden Bloom
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:54:48 -0000

The two posted photos are very nice. I especially love the brown
plicata. Fascinating colour and excellent form.

I have a request. This cross holds some data I would like to gather.
The variation on colour and patterns, particularly the centre vs rim
expression of plicata. To evaluate I would need photos of all
seedlings from that cross. Would this be possible?

The same request for anyone with an intersesting cross involving
plicata, luminata , zonal and BC seedlings. A set of photos of
seedlings and of parents, particularly if they are seeeedlings , would
be most helpful. I just can't do all the crosses I need to and get any
of the rest of my work or projects done.

Chuck Chapman
--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@m...> wrote:
> I will definitely keep it for further evaluation.
>
> I have been having the absolute most fun with these seedlings that
have been blooming - even ones that are dogs are interesting, and I
will be checking them out next year too just to see what becomes of
them. But this is one of them that I like, and the branching and bud
count are good too.

> I appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me and am overjoyed
that it is so positive.  I helps me know whether or not I am being too
biased.