Re: HYB: TB: Pink Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: TB: Pink Seedlings
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:59:53 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2005 1:32:22 PM Central Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

I will post four of them that are at least worthy a picture.  I appreciate comments, negative as well as positive.

One of the greatest assets here is truthful older friends. One of the pleasures of hybridizing is not competing with another person who may be growing irises under different conditions.

The way I see it, the competition is between the seedling and the parents as they grow under your conditions.

So, are the seedlings better in habit, bloom form, pattern or color? Only you can make this comparison for us.

Among the parent you list, I've bloomed Pond Lily and Happenstance. I love them both and would not be hesitant to take either (as they grow here) back to any of the seedlings.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=838469183