Re: first bloom

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: first bloom
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 03:19:35 -0000

Hello Adam,

I have more 'either-or' seedlings than I like.  The notebook is
essential for me.  I tend to lay seige to blooms in a clump, and try
to use the same pollen parent on all the blooms in a clump hoping for
a take.  If I don't have the notebook and try to work from memory, I
inevitably end up with 'either/ors'. I had two pods, but only one was
tagged and it was LD.  None of the seedlings from that pod have
bloomed yet.  I think they got frozen (again), so I'm not sure I'll
see those bloom this spring.  Sometimes, depending on the cross, I
don't care that I don't know, just that I know the type of cross.
Then when they bloom I have regrets about not knowing.  You'd think
I'd learn.

Donald