Re: RE:CULT:Squirrels #^*&#$

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE:CULT:Squirrels #^*&#$
  • From: Anita Moran avmoran1@earthlink.net
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:24:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Mike Greenfield Worte:

"To me they are no different than a rat or mouse. Many people say "Poor little squirrel" yet they kill every snake they see. I would not kill a snake unless it was a dangerous poisonous one. Snakes are good."
Here Here Mike, if snakes are found  in the garden we move they gently to problem areas where we have set up bedding for eggs, rafters for sleeping and the vole, mole, mice and other rodents species are in good supply.  For the squirrels I have abattery operated dogs with motion sensors that bark everytime they come near the beds.  It has worked very well, which is a good thing as my cat is scared of both birds and squirrels and the dog is so old he can't see them anymore.

Anita Moran
Pilmore Gardens
Member America Iris Society
Member Aril Society International
Member Francis Scott Key Iris Society
Editor American iris Society Region 4 Newletter