Re: RE:CULT:Squirrels #^*&#$

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE:CULT:Squirrels #^*&#$
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:01:54 EST

In a message dated 3/2/2006 6:33:39 A.M. Central Standard Time, avmoran1@earthlink.net writes:
<<if snakes are found  in the garden we move they gently to problem areas where we have set up bedding for eggs, rafters for sleeping and the vole, mole, mice and other rodents species are in good supply.>>
I must admit to being one of those people with an unnatural fear of snakes.  Must come from growing up on a farm that was friendly to copperheads and water moccasins.  During the years that my Dad ran/was an advertising billboard company, he shared his rather large workshop with a king snake that lived in the rafters.

My most intimate snake connection was at the age of five.  Ran my hand in on one while collecting eggs!  It was all coiled up in the nest.

Irises at the corner of the front porch was home to some copperheads.  We didn't know until we dug into them.  The ones in Arkansas really were copper.

Had one come down the chimney at Alvaton.  Never got a positive id on it but the pattern looked like one strain of copperhead.   To me.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives