Re: Re: RE:CULT:Squirrels #^*&#$

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: RE:CULT:Squirrels #^*&#$
  • From: "jgcrump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:23:16 -0500

Al  --  Is its face turned toward the camera?  It appears to be.  At any rate, from its shape it looks like a young barred owl.  The adult barred owl would be about half a head taller, and the great horned almost a full head taller than this one appears to be, using the (4-ft?) fence as comparison.  Also, even though the blinds just might be hiding them, I see no horns on this feller's head, and the body shape looks like a barred's.  If it's a barred, you should hear it at night, calling, "Hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo, hoo-wah!"  Often sets the dogs barking.

P.S.  I didn't know your wife is Republican.  Jud Haggerty, the former Democratic County Chairman of Marion County, Indiana, used to say that Republicans live with their blinds closed and don't need to; Democrats live with them open and should keep them shut.  --  Griff