Re: Unidentified Flower

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Unidentified Flower
  • From: "Michael" michael.allen@cox.net
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:52:34 -0000

This makes a lot of sense.  Last year we rooted two of the stalks.
They both put on flowers this year.  We are expecting that we will
have at least 10 plants at the end of this spring.

Any idea about plant preferences.  Should I put it in the ground or
leave it in pots?  Sun no sun?  I would love to get more of it but I
don't want to kill it.

Thank you for your help!

Michael

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Robt R Pries <rpries@...> wrote:

> Michael; you have what is called a walking Iris
> becuase the flower stalk will bend to the ground after
> blooming and form a new plant. It is the genus
> Neomarica. A very pretty and interesting plant.
>
> --- Michael <michael.allen@...> wrote:
>
> > PS...
> >
> > It didn't bloom for three years in Florida and then
> > in bloomed once in
> > 2000 in California.  No blooms until 2004 and then
> > it put on one.
> > Then last year it put on 3 blooms and this year
> > about 20.  The flower
> > open in the morning and then closes at dark and
> > falls off.  It will
> > often put out multiple flowers from the same bud.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > --- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Michael"
> > <michael.allen@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Everyone!
> > >
> > > Someone recommended this group for me to try to
> > identify a flower
> > that
> > > we think is an iris.  Hopefully someone can
> > identify it.  The photo
> > is
> > > in the photo section.
> > >
> > > Thank you!