HYB: TB: First seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: TB: First seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:43:19 -0700

Here is the first seedling to bloom from those planted in 2004. The parents are Lady Friend X Bubbling Along.

Someone had the idea that I speed up germination and bloom by planting directly into the ground. I don’t. I make the crosses in April, harvest seeds in late June – early July, dry them until August, soak them for ten days, chill them for three or 3 months and plant them in late November when the ground has become cool. They come up in early Jan. of the next year and it takes them 14-15 months to grow and mature to bloom size. There is no way that I could get them to bloom in less than two years after their pollenization.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9

JPEG image