Re: TB: ID question

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: ID question
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:41 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:41 -0700

Hi all,

Definitely not 'Blue Shimmer', though the pattern is similar.  'Blue Shimmer' has a much older look (it is old), with less ruffled and narrower flower segments.  Judging from the photos, 'Blue Shimmer' is a more "vertical" flower, due to the slightly less spreading narrower segments.  The falls definitely hand down a bit more.  'Blue Shimmer' is a beauty, but I'm one of those weirdo's who loves that old-fashioned shape.

Can't say yes or no for the name 'Jessie's Song', as I don't have any photos to compare, and can't remember it clearly.  Might do some Googling later.

I'd like to know what it is too, because it is another of rather few "modern-looking" ones that definitely got my attention.

Dave

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS