RE: TB: HYB: Grandmas's Pajamas

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] TB: HYB: Grandmas's Pajamas
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:44:37 -0700

I don’t have any specific plans for it right now.  I want to see it and evaluate its growth, stalks, bud count, etc. before I make up my mind.  My goals include strong, vigorous, floriferous pinks, pink blends and pink bi-tones.

Last week I crossed the big white 65-25 A with the first pink seedling to bloom, 45-71 A, and I have three pods forming on 65-25 A.  45-71 A (Lady Friend X Bubbling Along) is an unusual shade of terracotta pink with dark brownish red beards.  It has a beautifully formed stalk and will bloom seven blossoms.  I put a picture of its first blossom on Iris-Photos last week.  65-25 A is the best seedling I have ever had, but it’s white.  I want to add some pink to it.  I have plenty of its abundant pollen in the refrigerator waiting for some more good pinks to open up and receive it.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9