Re: IB- BOLD PRINT & RARE EDITION

  • Subject: Re: IB- BOLD PRINT & RARE EDITION
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:41:36 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:41:36 -0700

Hi again,

I forgot to mention that these usually flower in March here, but I fear the will not this year.

It's been a long cold winter, and it was 15 F last night, only in the 40's F today (should be in the 60's).  We've only had two days above 60 F so far and we were rarely up to 50 F for two months (very cold for here).  It dropped to near 0 F many times, and usually it only does so a few times per winter.

Usually we have fruit trees blooming and perhaps the first bearded Iris by now, but there is little sign of plant activity yet this year (there are a few Daffodils, Crocus, Winter Jasmine, and the few Maple trees have tiny green fruit on them, but most of this (except the Daffodils) usually happens in late January.

Dave

__._,_.___
Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever