  • Subject: Re: AFRICAN IRIS
  • From: tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 00:23:25 EST

Dear Kent,
Enjoy your iris. It is a Walking Iris. After it blooms, the stalk bends over and plants a new iris which is growing at the end of the stalk(called a proliferation). It has beautiful foliage and lovely blooms. Enjoy.
    It also comes in different colors. I have two different colored African Walking Irises and you have a third different colored variety. I have a blue and white one, and a smaller yellow and brown one. Yours appears to be white with yellow and lavender. My smaller yellow and brown variety is the most prolific and gets up to 12 new proliferations per year, but my blue one gets only 1 or 2 a year.
    I live in Lexington, KY, but have a son in Indianapolis.
    Annette Milch (President of the Blue Grass Iris Society)

Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever

Share and vote

on Bix.com!