Re: Trimezia, Not an African Iris

  • Subject: Re: Trimezia, Not an African Iris
  • From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:56:04 -0600

Bob,

Well said! The taxonomy of the Iridaceae is a mess! If you do a search on
Trimezia you'll see this plant called T. martinicensis. Which I'm quite
certain it is not! I had a long "chat" with Edmund Heaton who held the UK
collection of Tigridia tribe of Iridaceae. Unfortunately I wasn't able
establish T. martinicensis from the seed he sent.

John,

Sure!

BTW - For those that don't know this and Neomarica are new world plants not
"African irises". It's also a "walker" and quite tender much more so than
the Neomarica I grow.

Rodney

__._,_.___
Recent Activity