In a message dated 3/3/2007 2:47:14 A.M. Central Standard Time, tasquierloic@cs.com writes:
<<my comment of the shape was only reffering to what i have been told not to do in my crosses: going back too much in time, size wise.>>
it really depends on what YOUR goals are.  If your primary goal is to be a HUGE commercial success with your seedlings, you might be wise to follow this advice.  The trend does seem to be toward more round falls, even in the medians.  Could you put that color on a modern form?  People would love it!!  Never know unless you try.
As to goals?  I'm a very visual person and find it helps to put mine on paper.  My primary goal is to produce quality and hardy tall bearded irises that will bloom off season into zone 4.  I'm a list maker!   I list the patterns I want to produce.  Then I list the irises I own that might contribute to reaching that goal.
Even when you have limited space or health, it's nice to have options.
Don't take the fun out of the equation!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives