  • Subject: Re: AFRICAN IRIS
  • From: TW-Joe <joeinhell@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 06:38:33 +0800

I grow this plant outdoors and it blooms all year round here.
Joe from Taiwan

2007/3/3, Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>:

The Iris you pictured is a genus in the Iris family
known as Dietes. It is a tropical and it will be
interesting if it survives an Indianapolis winter. But
with global warming who knows. You might try planting
it up against a foundation. It is evergreen and can
bloom throughout the yaer in a conservatory.

--- CKentR@aol.com wrote:

> I saw this iris in a shopping center in Orlando Fl.
> and would like to share
> it with you. Its very beautiful and the first I had
> seen. I found out later
> that the local Wal-Mart had these iris in containers
> for less than four
> dollars each. The instruction on growing this iris
> specifies it will grow well in
> zones 8 to 10 and they can survive down to 10
> degrees F. For eight bucks I
> had to bring 2 pots home to try to raise them in
> Indiana. I hope the weather
> gets warm soon because my wife is not to keen on
> indoor iris.
> Kent
> Indianapolis
> AOL now offers free
> email to everyone. Find out more about what's free
> from AOL at
> http://www.aol.com.

Here's my trade list.

Recent Activity