Re: AFRICAN IRIS

  • Subject: Re: AFRICAN IRIS
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 05:00:33 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 05:00:33 -0600

Hi,  I planted several species of Dietes years ago in my yard in central NM (USDA Zone 8a or 7b) and while some lasted for several years, winter eventually got them all.  I think it was more the duration of freezing weather than the actual low temperatures that got them here.  They just quit trying after a while - no reserves left.  They were all up next to the south wall of the house.

Good luck,
Dave

__._,_.___
Recent Activity