Understanding of Parentage

  • Subject: Understanding of Parentage
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 05:46:11 -0700

 I think one of the things confusing me was the names between ( ).  Wasn't sure if it was a sibling from this match or if you mixed them in a test tube then applied.
  • Are there any books that I could get that deal w all this? There's still some when I break them down I just can't seem to get the number of ( ) to fit like they are suppose to.

SOAP OPERA

    (Joseph Ghio, R. 1981), Sdlg. 76-240E. TB, 32" (81 cm), E-M-L & RE in mild climates
    "S. green tan bamboo blend; F. blue violet, edged color of S.; tan beard. 73-17G: (Blocher 223, Louise Watts sib x 71-147P: ((((Commentary x Claudia Rene) x Claudia Rene) x Ponderosa) x (Ponderosa x New Moon))) X Actress. Bay View Gardens 1982 "

      SKY KING RETURNS

        (Larry Lauer, R. 2003), Sdlg. 657-1R. TB, 39" (99 cm), L & RE
        "S. mimosa yellow (RHS 8C), rim darker; style arms canary yellow (9C); F. mineral violet (85B), rim yellow ochre (165D); beards yellow to orange in throat, violet at end; ruffled; pronounced sweet fragrance. 91-143-1R: (87-48-3: (Edith Wolford x Breakers) x Mother Earth) X 91-204-22: (86-12, unknown, x 88-79: (Adventuress x Summer Magic)). Lauer 2003 "
      So like in Sky King the seedling #91-143-1R is the results of a seedling produced by Edith Wolford x Breakers which was then crossed w Mother Earth that produced the #91-143-1R
      In Soap Opera: Commentary and Claudia Rene produced a seedling that was crossed again w Claudia Rene which was crossed again w Ponderosa, then crossed w a seedling produced from (Ponderosa x New Moon)
      (((Commentary x Claudia Rene) x Claudia Rene) x Ponderosa) x (Ponderosa x New Moon)))
      And the 2 )) in addition at end of New Moon will correspond to the blue and green (( in front of commentary. But I can't figure out what the 4th ( in Commentary closes out with??)
      Am I close?

    Linda
    Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!

    __._,_.___