Yes, I'll take your rain

  • Subject: Yes, I'll take your rain
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:28:35 -0700

Date: 03/09/07 08:39:12
 I keep wondering when they will extend the intercoastal waterway to our part of the world or even a bit of the MS river would be wonderful. Just think of all that wonderful silt.
Speaking of weather.  Still trying to figure out what zone I'm in.
Using this chart does it mean once in 50 years it might get 0 or is it the mean avg. or what??
  • And I'm not sure for my little town, how to find records specific for it.  It's rare that it would get 10F or even 15F but it does happen. So if it has happen does that mean I use that zone.
  • What about wind chill factor??
USDA Zone 6a: to -23.3° C (-10° F)
USDA Zone 6b: to -20.5° C (-5° F)
USDA Zone 7a: to -17.7° C (0° F)
USDA Zone 7b: to -14.9° C (5° F)
USDA Zone 8a: to -12.2° C (10° F)
USDA Zone 8b: to -9.4° C (15° F)

I've been considering myself a zone 7, but looking at this chart again, I may be more like a zone 8.

And wondering if there is a chart for other side of coin. Like how hot it gets?? Or do iris not care how hot they get??

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!

Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever

Share and vote