AB: Persian Market X Zerzura seedlings

  • Subject: AB: Persian Market X Zerzura seedlings
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:19:46 -0500

More seedlings from those lined out last spring. I liked the colors on the
darker bloom. It had a pronounced chin dimple when fresh that almost
disappeared. Too bad.

I liked the form better on the lighter one. I also really liked the gray
white standards, but the chartreuse color on the falls won't do. This color
is more or less what I expected from the cross, so I'll have to wait and see
what the other siblings yield. I was surprised by the purple.

I doubt these are going to be as wind proof as the Zerzura X Jehosaphat's
Reliance cross, but they did open under windy conditions without being
destroyed and that's a good sign.

Zerzura is one of the parents on another seedling in the bed that is one
that interests me more then these crosses. Lots of buds on a CHILDSONG X
ZERZURA plant - the kind that I try for and have been so hard to get. It's
so nice not to have all the seedlings frozen out for a change. More than
half the ZxJR were wiped out and some stalks on a couple of others so it was
probably a close call on losing most of them. I got lucky.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group