  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:58:52 -0500

Several years ago I had two pods from R - one was via LUELLA DEE, the other
could have been LD or HEART STEALER. So I made the cross again and got this
one plant. Here it's blooming as a first year seedling. Doesn't answer the
question, of course. I was really impressed by the clarity of color the
earlier R seedlings gave. This one also has that quality. In the seedling
bed, my eye turns instantly to the glowing color it exhibits. It's not the
best thing there, but that color! The earlier seedlings had lots of
aggravating growth habits. This one appears to following in their
footsteps. None of the parents exhibit the negative traits and none have
the color quality, either. Go figure. The seedlings that didn't bloom out
or perish otherwise have finally settled down to more acceptable growth
habits, but still not satisfactory. They haven't been easy parents either
so I don't know if the color quality can be transmitted on a better plant.
Two seedlings this year from two separate crosses and one of those would
have to fall in the experimental category anyway.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group