Re: HYB: More Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: More Seedlings
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:11:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

FRANCELLE
Very nice babies

-----Original Message-----
From: FRANCELLE EDWARDS
Sent: Mar 27, 2007 7:17 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: More Seedlings

New seedlings are blooming every day now.  All of the Wearing Rubies babies are either blooming or about to.  They are far ahead of the regular irises.  Most are dark red, almost black.  Some have a lot of haft marks; some are almost smooth.  These are from the reciprocal crosses of Wearing Rubies and Epicenter.  The second one has Epicenter as the pod parent.  If you like lines, you would like this one; if  you don’t you would hate it.

I hope to keep one or two of the best of these dark reds.  It’s a color I like but have never had any luck growing.  Several of the Oregon reds from Red at Night to Lenten Prayer have saddened me by dying out in my garden.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Anita Moran
Pilmore Gardens
USDA 6B