Re: AB: RAMAYANA X HEART STEALER

  • Subject: Re: AB: RAMAYANA X HEART STEALER
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:27:04 -0000

Christian,

> I love that seedling... guess I need to get myself some AB breeders.
> I didn't realize I liked that type of plant.

Considering you like flatties, I'm not too surprised. Something
different.

> I'm clueless what the OGB thing means, though.

OGB is a designation used to denote the pedigree. O for oncocylous
(aril), G for regelia (aril), and B for other bearded - often a TB but
can also be another bearded not derived from the bearded aril species
of regelia and onco. OGB written without a (+) or (-) indicates the
plant is a balanced amphidiploid and thus is more likely to be a
fertile parent because it contains two chromosomes from the aril side
and two chromosomes from the non-aril bearded side. An OGB- or OGB+
should be an iris that contains an unbalanced set of chromosomes which
greatly reduces the chance of the plant having much or any fertility.
Does that help?

Donald

__._,_.___
Recent Activity