Re: AB: too bad

Donald,  What kind of "rain" did you have?  Solid?  I can't believe rain did that much damage.  It must have POURED for hours.

Jan in Chatsworth - where we have had only 4-6" total for this year's season.

Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
Well, here are two photos taken of the same stalk today. The top was early
before I left for work. Dark and rainy and I didn't have time to check the
quality of the photo until this afternoon. The bloom wasn't fully open so I
have no idea what the form would have been. The bottom is what it looked
like after I returned home from work. Hail, of course. Considerable
damage, but not total. Lots of broken stalks, and empty bud sockets
everywhere. No open blooms survived, but there still are stalks with buds.
Recovery will be a few days though.

This is one of my experimental crosses 'Butterfly Wings' X Tcha Deetch. I
think there are enough buds left here to see a good bloom if nothing
happens, but a sibling's bloom got wiped out. These are the ones I like to
play with and circumstances sure aren't allowing it. Considerable variation
in color on the buds and now there are a lot less of those and this remains
the only bloom I've seen open. May not get to play much this year. This
first one sure took after the pod parent.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist