Re: TB Photo: Yahoo Ads

  • Subject: Re: TB Photo: Yahoo Ads
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:38:33 -0800 (PST)

If you are on Yahoo, have you gone to TOOLS and selected POP UP BLOCKER, then to POP UP BLOCKER SETTINGS.  I hae selected MEDIUM which allows sites I need to do things but I never get ads on my pictures, etc.  The only ads I get are on the Yahoo page and sometimes above the email section.

Jan in Chatsworth

John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:
I looked at several of Margie's recent posts, specifically Polish Princess and Scarlet Butterfly.

On my system the Yahoo ads impinged more on the picture of Scarlet Butterfly then on Polish Princess. I downloaded both pictures and examined them in Photoshop. They were of different sizes. Polish Princess was 7.3 inches wide and Scarlet Butterfly was 8.3 inches wide (at 72 dpi).

It appears that Yahoo allows a space of about 6 7/8 inches wide for pictures. Anything wider than that will have the right edge overlaid by their ads.

Just a guess, but when you are formatting pictures you can avoid the problem by making sure they are not too wide.

John