HYB: Ring Around Rosie seedlings

  • Subject: HYB: Ring Around Rosie seedlings
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:19:22 -0700

Margie, I am enjoying the pictures of your Epicenter seedlings. Several
years ago I crossed Ring Around Rosie with Epicenter and got some really
weird things, huge brown luminata-plicata blossoms on about fifteen inch
stalks. When I read a message from Rick Ernst that one would never get a
good first generation seedling from RAR because they all grow too short, I
really believed him. Since then I have heard of other people getting good
ones. That is interesting.

One of my Wearing Rubies X Epicenter seedlings is blooming already, making
food for birds. I'm going to try to protect some of it to see what it looks
like this year. I understand that there is rebloom possibility there.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9