Re: Re: Legend of Camelot, luminata? - Linda

  • Subject: Re: Re: Legend of Camelot, luminata? - Linda
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:12:29 -0700

Linda,

You are correct - - and that is why I wrote it up as:...... " Here is a luminata-plicata named .............."

LEGEND OF CAMELOT is a luminata-plicata.  I'm not sure that I can explain this as correctly or as thoroughly as a geneticist, but I'll give it a try. This is an iris that A.) exhibits both the luminata genes which are showing up as the typical white veining in the falls/ or what some may call white background falls with a color wash on the second petal layer exposing the veining; along with B.) the plicata markings/or colored veining around or near the beard and throat area (as well as sometimes on the rims).

There also exists ringed/or rimmed luminata plicatas. I hope this helps.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.