Re: HYB: Ring Around Rosie seedlings - Francelle

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Ring Around Rosie seedlings - Francelle
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:41:35 -0700

Francelle,
The majority (so far) of my RAR seedlings are 33 - 38 inches tall.  Just one so far was about 30 inches tall. I would encourage you to try using RAR once more.  It sounds as if there ARE some crosses that will result in shorter stalks, but not all crosses. Maybe - - (a suggestion here) try something other than a plicata, and see if results of the seedlings stalks are taller.

Your Epicenter seedlings could carry that rebloom gene (as my Epicenter seedlings may). I have heard that Epicenter has rebloomed in some parts of the country, however it has never rebloomed for me.

So...........given that, consider this: if the seedlings do not rebloom for you then maybe they will rebloom in other areas of the country where Epicenter tends to rebloom.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.