Iris related AD: Kitchen Tissue Culture Kit

  • Subject: Iris related AD: Kitchen Tissue Culture Kit
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:23:18 -0700

For those of us hybridizers that may be interested in doing some Tissue Culture work in the kitchen (other than a lab) - here is a website of interest. (See below)

On the kitchen culture link there are options.  I don't see a specific iris Tissue Culture option but I've been told that if you e-mail this woman (who has both taught and has had first hand experience with Tissue Culture) and tell her that you would like her to put together a Kitchen Iris Tissue Culture Kit - that she most likely will. She will probably need to know some specifics about how you plan to do your tissue culture, like what part of the iris plant tissue you will start with, what your objectives are, etc.

I just had to share this. It's the first time I've seen anything like this that can be done at home.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.