Re: Iris related AD: Kitchen Tissue Culture Kit

  • Subject: Re: Iris related AD: Kitchen Tissue Culture Kit
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:39:40 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Margie Valenzuela"
<IrisLady@...> wrote:
I'm so glad you posted that Margie...I looked all over the place for
agar two years ago and never found any... How wonderful that there's
a kit!

> For those of us hybridizers that may be interested in doing some
Tissue Culture work in the kitchen (other than a lab) - here is a
website of interest. (See below)
> On the kitchen culture link there are options. I don't see a
specific iris Tissue Culture option but I've been told that if you e-
mail this woman (who has both taught and has had first hand
experience with Tissue Culture) and tell her that you would like her
to put together a Kitchen Iris Tissue Culture Kit - that she most
likely will. She will probably need to know some specifics about how
you plan to do your tissue culture, like what part of the iris plant
tissue you will start with, what your objectives are, etc.
> http://www.home.turbonet.com/kitchenculture/Index.htm
> I just had to share this. It's the first time I've seen anything
like this that can be done at home.