TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross

  • Subject: TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:15:25 -0700

Last year about a dozen seedlings bloomed in my garden from a cross of
Lovely Dawn (plicata) X Lip Service (luminata). I got some quite
interesting results. 72-73 A was a lavender self with no visible plicata
markings. 72-73 D had some very faint lines on its falls. 72-73 H was a
luminata. It was the prettiest of the bunch and also the weakest. I tried
to keep it, but it died. 72-73 J was a luminata-plicata, I believe, as were
all the rest. There were no pure plicatas. 72-73 J is the only one that
still exists. I have three healthy clumps of it and look forward to seeing
it bloom again.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9

Binary data

Binary data