From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 6:38 am
Subject: [iris-photos] Digest Number 4787

This list is for the exchange of photos of irises and iris
associated subjects, people, and shows.

Messages In This Digest (9
Messages)

1a.

'Amusing'
From:
EROCTUSE2@aol.com
1b.

Re: 'Amusing'
From:
Bonnie Perozzi
1c.

Re: 'Amusing'
From:
eroctuse2
1d.

Re: 'Amusing'
From:
Bonnie Perozzi
1e.

Re: 'Amusing'
From:
flatnflashy
1f.

Re: 'Amusing'
From:
eroctuse2

2.

Re: Pan for Gold
From:
irischapman@aim.com

3a.

Re: TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross
From:
irischapman@aim.com

4.

Photobucket Gallery
From:
eroctuse2

View All Topics | Create New Topic

Messages

1a.

'Amusing'

Posted by: "EROCTUSE2@aol.com"
EROCTUSE2@aol.com

eroctuse2

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:08 am (PDT)

Alright I'm dusting off my old e-mail account to get this
photo through. This doesn't seem worth the trouble. It's not a great
shot and the splashes and streaks aren't the best in broken color, but
I wanted to post this photo to show there are other sdb's in the broken
color realm. I was lucky enough to get a piece of this at a local
auction last year and it looks like it could bloom this year, so I
might have a better photo soon. This photo was taken during the '05 St.
Louis Convention.

With any luck it will go through.

Brock

P.S. As difficult as it's been to get back into the swing of posting
(this will be my second upload) I have to admit the name makes me laugh
about the whole situation 'Amusing'. :)

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(6)

1b.

Re: 'Amusing'

Posted by: "Bonnie Perozzi"
iris@syix.com

bonsiris

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:16 am (PDT)

How cute! Is it a plicata too.? Your photo is perfect on
my computer!

Bonnie in Ca.

Alright I'm dusting off my old e-mail account to get this photo through.

This doesn't seem worth the trouble. It's not a great shot and the

splashes and streaks aren't the best in broken color, but I wanted to

post this photo to show there are other sdb's in the broken color realm.

I was lucky enough to get a piece of this at a local auction last year

and it looks like it could bloom this year, so I might have a better

photo soon. This photo was taken during the '05 St. Louis Convention.

With any luck it will go through.

Brock

P.S. As difficult as it's been to get back into the swing of posting

(this will be my second upload) I have to admit the name makes me laugh

about the whole situation 'Amusing'. :)

_____

Supercharge your AIM. Get the AIM

http://download.aim.com/client/aimtoolbar?NCID=aolcmp00300000002586>

toolbar for your browser.

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(6)

1c.

Re: 'Amusing'

Posted by: "eroctuse2"
EROCTUSE2@aol.com

eroctuse2

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 pm (PDT)

Thank-you Bonnie. I'm glad to hear it went through. It's
been a while

since I've seen it in person and my photo discs from the convention

aren't at hand so I looked it up on Mid-America's site.

Here is the description straight from the hybridizer (who I have to

tell you is an incredibly kind man in person):

"Black 04; Coral-tan with grape flecks in standards and falls,

heavier around vivid, coral-pink beards. Subtle plicata. Fantastic

parent for super form and big, bushy, heavily saturated beards. Also

give beautiful pink ground plicatas."

So it seems yes it is a plicata. I really hope to see it again this

Spring and that should tell you something because I hate pinks. :)

Then again I'm excited about 'Fusspot' too(a Blyth intro). So I guess

if they're by people I trust to get an intro right, I can even look

forward to several pinks.

Brock

P.S. I always have to laugh when I think of the day I met Paul Black

(last Spring). I said "It's an honor to meet you."

"Well I don't know about that." was his reply.

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(6)

1d.

Re: 'Amusing'

Posted by: "Bonnie Perozzi"
iris@syix.com

bonsiris

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:16 pm (PDT)

I must agree with you that Paul Black is an incredibly kind
man and I

have not even had the pleasure to meet him in person yet!

My husband and myself are looking very forward to the day that we get up

to Oregon and are able to meet him in person, along with all of his

furry friends! I will say the same thing as you did when I meet him!

It truly will be an honor to meet him.

Keep posting pictures!

Have a wonderful day!

Bonnie

[...]

Posted by: "flatnflashy"
flatnflashy@yahoo.com

flatnflashy

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:38 pm (PDT)

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, EROCTUSE2@... wrote:

This is a test.

I've replied to a few pictures in the last week via Yahoo groups and

I'm not making it through even to the Yahoo archives.

So I'm going to try this once to see if I'm dotting my T's and

crossing my I's.

Christian

Alright I'm dusting off my old e-mail account to get this photo

through. This doesn't seem worth the trouble. It's not a great shot

and the splashes and streaks aren't the best in broken color, but I

wanted to post this photo to show there are other sdb's in the broken

color realm. I was lucky enough to get a piece of this at a local

auction last year and it looks like it could bloom this year, so I

might have a better photo soon. This photo was taken during the '05

St. Louis Convention.

> With any luck it will go through.

> Brock

> P.S. As difficult as it's been to get back into the swing of

posting (this will be my second upload) I have to admit the name

makes me laugh about the whole situation 'Amusing'. :)

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(6)

1f.

Re: 'Amusing'

Posted by: "eroctuse2"
EROCTUSE2@aol.com

eroctuse2

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 pm (PDT)

Hello Christian,

I'm just writing to let you know your test message showed up on the

archives for me.

Brock

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(6)

2.

Re: Pan for Gold

Posted by: "irischapman@aim.com"
irischapman@aim.com

irischap

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:03 pm (PDT)

Here is a photo of "Pan For Gold". An IB I introduced last
year. A

yellow plicata from Imbue X Hyenacycle. It makes a bright clump that

call you across the garden yet when you get close you can see the many

yellow plicata speckles, making it just as interesting to see up close

as at a distsnce.

A good example of a very limited class, yellow plicatas. Everything in

this cross was a plicata, allthough most had some anthrocyanin pigment

Chuck Chapman

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(1)

3a.

Re: TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross

Posted by: "irischapman@aim.com"
irischapman@aim.com

irischap

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:08 pm (PDT)

This provides an example of what I was saying about these
crosses.

They often produce some solid coloured seedlings. These solids will

produce a high percentage of plicatas when crossed to plicatas. Enough

to know that it has four sets of plicat genes.

Chuck Chapman

TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross

Posted by: "Francelle"

fjmjedwards@qwest.net

francellee

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:16 am (PDT)

Last year about a dozen seedlings bloomed in my garden from

a cross of

Lovely Dawn (plicata) X Lip Service (luminata). I got some quite

interesting results. 72-73 A was a lavender self with no visible

plicata

markings. 72-73 D had some very faint lines on its falls. 72-73 H was

luminata. It was the prettiest of the bunch and also the weakest. I

tried

to keep it, but it died. 72-73 J was a luminata-plicata, I believe, as

were

all the rest. There were no pure plicatas. 72-73 J is the only one

that

still exists. I have three healthy clumps of it and look forward to

seeing

it bloom again.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(2)

4.

Photobucket Gallery

Posted by: "eroctuse2"
EROCTUSE2@aol.com

eroctuse2

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:56 pm (PDT)

After Bonnie's request for more photos, I get the
impression that

people here don't know about my photobucket gallery. I normally

frequent the gardenweb iris forum, so I guess I forgot to mention my

gallery here.

I'll post a link to it so that everyone can browse and view what they

would like rather than my choosing what to post. Eventually I would

like to upload any to iris photos that haven't been, so that they can

be found with the serach feature. But until then, you should be able

to view it here:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/eroctuse2/

I don't know if that will work though because a link I pasted here

before didn't go through last time. My snowdrops are budding and it

won't be long before I'll have new photos to share.

The main page will say that my gallery is empty, but the sub albums

(listed at the left of the gallery page) all have images. By the way

there are just under 6,500 photos uploaded to that account, so you

should be able to find something of interest.

I hope that they're enjoyed.

Brock

Back to top

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Messages in this topic
(1)

Recent Activity

3
New Members

1
New Links

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Women of Curves

on Yahoo! Groups

A positive group

to discuss Curves.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the
Daily Digest.

Create New Topic |

Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages
| Files
| Photos
| Links
| Database
| Polls
| Members
| Calendar

Statements made on and attachments (including but not limited to
photographs of irises or people) sent to this list are the sole
responsibility of the individual participants and are not endorsed by,
or attributable to, or under the control of the moderator of this list.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch
format to Traditional

Visit Your Group |

Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use |

Unsubscribe