From: eroctuse2 <EROCTUSE2@aol.com>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:44 pm
Subject: [iris-photos] Hello Betty!

Hello Betty,

I'm glad to hear from you. I recognized your name from your post
instantly, but I was afraid to send you a message of gratitude within
such a sad topic.

Yes we were and you wouldn't know how embarassed I am that I never
let you know that I received the package you sent shortly after the
national or how much I appreciated it. To this day I still rant about
how kind you were to walk up to a stranger offering your own
introductions every chance I get. I really wish I was better at
maintaining communication, because you deserve much better than to
hear back from me almost 3 years later.

'Summer Radiance' glowed beautifully in '07 and I was able to take
the last stalk of the season to our show. Since it was at it's end of
bloom(literally the last bloom on it) it didn't do well, but that's
the nature of shows. Everything has to be just right on the right day.

Sadly, it hasn't rebloomed for me, but when I think back over the
years I realize that I have never had a legitimate rebloom in my
garden. I had a stalk on 'Immortality' once in an October, but that
was on a first year plant divided from a pot. To this day I've never
had a plant that was settled in the ground send up any secondary
stalks.

I'll post a photo of it from last year.

I am sorry that I wasn't considerate enough to let you know how much
I have and will continue to appreciate it. To prove that I wasn't
trying to offend you, I'm in the same boat with a local judge that
sent me plants last year. Every day that goes by makes me more
ashamed that I haven't contacted them, but each day makes me feel
worse.

Going through this embarassment has inspired me. I'm going to go
write them right now and thank them.

Brock Heilman