Re: PHOTO Thatched roofs with irises in Normandy

  • Subject: Re: PHOTO Thatched roofs with irises in Normandy
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:16:49 -0000

I guess when all the available space is used up, I can consider the
ridge of the roof. Drainage should be good anyway. The situation
reminds me of those persistant rejects that grow out of and bloom in
the compost pile. There is a strong thread of saving the condemned
running in people. There are several hundred or more introduced
cultivars growing on the premises and 75% would be available for
sharing - but visitors always want to rescue the ones in the compost
pile. No matter they rate well below other things in terms of
quality. They will pick those trash survivors every time. I guess to
save the iris in these photos, you'd need to call out the fire
department with their ladders. Fascinating photos, Loic.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA