Re: ADMIN:PHOTO Milette is stealing again .

  • Subject: Re: ADMIN:PHOTO Milette is stealing again .
  • From: "eroctuse2" <EROCTUSE2@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 01:48:16 -0000

Hi John,

While I'm glad to see you intervening and concerned for the list members, I don't know that it's the best course of action to ban Mr. Millette's interaction with this group. That seems, to me, only to remove his voice when I would like to be able to hear his side of the story. Any future solicitation of images might convince me to reconsider my point of view, but as an old friend used to say: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, run." With the reappearance of the images, I'd say we've just gone through "twice".

Mr. Millette was kind enough to forward his message to Loïc on to me and I believe I have a clearer picture of what's transpired. I can't imagine that a person believed to be guilty of profiting from the unauthorized use of others' images would be the most honest in his correspondences, but the only way to know the truth is to see if this issue reappears.

Loïc, I've always enjoyed your photos and messages and I can't wait to grow your introductions some day. So, I hope that you know I am not trying to offend you when I say this, but, to date, I've yet to see proof that any iris-photos images (while posted elsewhere with or without permission) have been of profit to Mr. Millette.

I don't believe that I could use photos without permission and remain within my conscience, but I can understand the desire to share and enlighten as many people as possible with as many photos as possible. That doesn't mean that I condone these actions, but I feel it's important to remember that all of this could have been done with the best of intentions.

I want to believe his words are the truth and we can only wait and see. I hope that he will be able to speak for himself through the process of restoring his reputation (which could have been damaged without cause) and his banning will make that nearly impossible.

I agree with Loïc; let's get back to enjoying this group for what it was intended to be.