AB: 1st bloom

  • Subject: AB: 1st bloom
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:30:23 -0500

The season starts. Not expecting much this year. The drought here and the
chewing damage throughout the winter and still ongoing is surely going to
have a negative effect. This one is way out of sequence. That may mean
that many that tend to bloom earlier aren't going to bloom at all. The
stalks on this plant appear to have only the terminal bud. It usually has
3-4 buds. On the other hand it looks like it has pollen this year. In all
the years I've had this one bloom it's never had pollen before. The
seedling is AT LAST X LUELLA DEE and has been posted before. I finally got
viable seeds from it and have three seedlings growing in pots now. It's a
dark red and I lightened the balance on the photo. It's a little too
bright, but the original was so dark the pattern didn't show and that's
visible when viewing it in the garden. Any trick to taking photos of dark

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image