Re: Re: 2009 Introductions

  • Subject: Re: Re: 2009 Introductions
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:35:17 -0400

Donald  --  Blackbeard is a Border Bearded from a couple of generations of rather tall TBs, blues and pruples.  Betty Dunn, the pollen parent, mind you, is a fairly small tall, at 33", from blonds, pinks and peaches, and has Champagne Elegance in it.  I haven't found any medians in the first couple of generations back of either. Yep, it is fun!
Carefree Days, as you are undoubtedly aware, is of unknown parentage, but, knowing what was in my garden at the time, I'd bet on Champagne Elegance as one of the parents.  What a fine flower CE is!  I hope your CD seedlings will straighten up and fly right.  --  Griff