Re: Databasing question

  • Subject: Re: Databasing question
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:21:43 EDT

Hi Terry,
I use a program that I found out on the internet called Flowers 2009.  You can keep track of not only your iris but most of your other plants in your garden too.  Pictures can be linked to individual files easily.  All sorts of attributes can be logged in like parentage, colors, growth habits, etc.  We use it for the whole garden here, not just our iris.  The owner has hopes of adding an iris hybridizing section similar to the daylily hybridizing section they already have.  I recommend at least checking it out.  You do have to purchase it but it is very reasonable and all updates after the original purchase are free.
Hope that helps.
Brian Davis
Champaign, Illinois